I happen to really like chicken. My husband and son happen to really hate chicken. This recipe is a result of trying to pile so much on the chicken so they can't really taste it!
This butternut squash recipe is super-simple and tastes great. I have a mandoline slicer which I use to slice the squash into equally thin slices. You could also use a box grater (the large "slicer" side) or if you're really great with a knife, go for it! Just try to make sure the slices are the same thickness (I make my slices about 1/4 inch thick).
Smoky Mountain Chicken
6 thin-sliced chicken breasts
10 button mushrooms, sliced thinly
1 small onion, finely sliced
deli ham slices
bacon, partially cooked
shredded cheddar cheese
1. Layer chicken with: mushrooms, onions, bbq sauce, one or two ham slices, two slices of bacon, and cheddar cheese.
2. Bake, uncovered, at 375 for 30 minutes or until bacon and cheese are browned.
Roasted Butternut Squash
1 large butternut squash
1. Peel butternut sqash and remove seeds.
2. Place slices of squash onto cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Roast sqash at 395 for 20 minutes. Drizzle honey over slices and stir.
4. Continue roasting for an additional 5-10 minutes or until honey has caramelized and butternut sqash is browned.