Sunday, October 25, 2009

Brownie Sundaes

I have to admit, the last batch of brownies I made were the ones from a box (my first one ever). This batch took a couple more minutes, but I always have the ingredients on hand, and it is a little freaky that the boxed brownies take a total of 20 minutes, start to finish. The recipe I use is on the back of the cocoa container. I usually add peanut butter chips, but tonight decided to make hot fudge sauce because I knew we also had whipped cream and vanilla ice cream. These sundaes were so good that my kids even tried their mandatory brussels sprout. (yes, one, and they totally hated it)

Brownies
3/4 stick butter, melted
1 T water
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt

1. Mix ingredients and pour into greased pie plate.
2. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center is almost clean.
3. Cut into wedges, top with hot fudge sauce, vanilla ice cream, and whipped cream.

Hot Fudge Sauce
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup sugar
6 oz evaporated milk
1 tsp butter
1/2 tsp vanilla

1. In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips, sugar and evaporated milk. Stirring constantly, remove from heat when mixture boils.
2. Add butter and vanilla. Serve warm with sundaes.

No comments:

Post a Comment