I'm going to challenge myself to only food shop one time during this next week. Today I shopped for my meats and most other groceries (excluding milk). I'd like to be creative enough to utilize my pantry, freezer, and recently purchased items. The only leverage I'll give myself is to "re-stock" on fruits and veggies, if needed.
Today is the first day of my grocery challenge -
1. Shopping at Price-Rite and Farmers Market (on Penn St). My total purchases totaled a little less than $95
2. A four-mile run this afternoon, right after I put Emma on the bus. I had previously not run for at least two months and I was quite nervous to start again. I actually felt really great, what an instant mood-lifter. The sunshine helped a lot, too!
3. We had this for dinner. I had grilled zucchini and everyone else enjoyed steamed sugar peas (I had them lurking in my refrigerator).
4. This is our dessert. I bought five large apples to combine with some other "lurkers" in the fridge. This is Rob's favorite baked good, and since he's leaving for a week, I thought I'd surprise him!
5. Lastly, this sad little tale. Occasionally our kids will chase each other around the house. We repeatedly warn them that eventually someone will reap the consequences. Well, here's what happened...
Kate and Emma ran into each others heads (apparently). Check out those goose-eggs! I kind of feel a little like Kate Gosselin, hopefully this isn't too exploitative. Look at their poor little faces, tears were just pouring down.