Thursday, April 19, 2012

It's the Little Things

You know how they say, it's the little things that really count.  It's true.  While it's been chilly and rainy here the past few days, the sun decided to reappear and it's now a delightful 72 degrees Fahrenheit.  It's so funny how the sunlight brings with it a whole new perspective. My day has been brightened by....

A letter from the gas company.  Our usage has gone down so dramatically since last year (due to installation of a geo-thermal energy system) that they wanted to send out a service tech to help diagnose the problem.  I've been secretly hoping this would happen - that they would notice and wonder why we hardly need their services.  Success.



Our flower and herb beds are starting to produce.  I have a big pot of mint "tea" brewing right now! The house smells amazing.  





Our pink dogwood is gorgeous.  The blooms this year have lasted as long as I can remember, it's beautiful.  





I always consider it a major success when all of Rob's socks match up coming out of the laundry.  I told you, it's the little things.  But still.  




Lastly, I have not needed these quite as much today.  I always pride myself on not getting sick, but this year I've had three colds in as many months.  Two days ago, I slept all day.  Today I feel a little better, and I'm thankful to have some energy back.



What little things are you thankful for today?

2 comments:

  1. Way to go on the herb growing. I have managed to get a mass of basil to survive this year so far in addition to some parsley (which looks a bit sick ) and some rosemary which is almost impossible to kill (although I have managed in the past )

    I agree – it is the little things in life that matter most. Im in awe of your sock wrangling abilities.

    Today I'm busy being grateful it's Friday and that I have a weekend ahead of me to do whatever I like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dogwood looks beautiful.
    I'm glad you are feeling better. I'm very happy when I can match all the socks too. It amazes me how you can put a pair of socks in the washing machine but when everything is dried and ready to be put away there is usually at least one sock missing.
    I'm thankful that it's sunny today, and that it's almost 9am on a Saturday morning and I've already accomplished quite a few of the things I was going to do today.

    ReplyDelete