Sunday, September 9, 2012

Impromptu Dinner

At 5:03pm on Friday, I was making pizza for dinner.  My parents happened to call at about 5:05 and I said, "wanna come over for pizza"? They had previously planned to go out for sushi, but they said, "sure".  So, with my pizzas in the oven, I also threw together a salad, put out a jar of pickles and figs from our tree.  I stuffed some pears with a streusel topping and popped them in the oven.  Perfect impromptu Friday night dinner at home!


My new favorite pizza - sweet peppers and sliced onions.  I added lots of dried seasonings, all of the cheese I had on hand (parmesan, mozzarella, and Sargento's shredded 5-blend italian cheese), sliced onions, jarred sweet peppers, and jarred marinara. I should also add that while I've had success in the past with homemade dough, this was a frozen version I buy for 99 cents each.  Can't beat the ease!



No picture of the pears - they were in the oven when I snapped these pics, but.....

here is the recipe! Perfect for fall. 

Baked Pears

4 Whole Pears (a bit underripe)
oats
flour (I happened to have oat flour and used that)
cinnamon
brown sugar
butter

1. Half and core pears (I left the skin on).
2. Sprinkle with cinnamon, flour, oats, brown sugar, and butter (in that order).
3. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Now I feel slack as. We had pizza too last night but we bought ours straight from the pizza shop.

    Impromptu family dinners are one of my favourite things. Always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love impromptu dinners - as long as I can find something in the pantry or the refrigerator!

    ReplyDelete