Thursday, November 26, 2009

tan food always tastes best.....


Well, I had the best intentions today. I really wanted to add delicous, jewel-toned deliciousness to the Thanksgiving Table today. I created a gorgeous pomegranate and gorgonzola studded mixed greens salad, ruby-colored cranberry conserve, and roasted some fall vegetables. It was beautiful, healthy, full of antioxidants. It was totally lacking compared to all of the "tan food". Tan food, in my opinion, is delicious. It may not be as healthy as the fruit and vegetable-filled options, but once a year (at least) it is totally necessary. We had stuffing, mashed potatoes, baked corn, turkey, gravy, and rolls. All tan, and all mouthwatering.

We had a really nice day as a family. Besides the fact that I totally embarrassed myself by saying I was thankful for a non-clogged sink (hey, I have trouble expressing emotion!) everything went off without a hitch!







On the flip side, take a look at these colors. I do have to say that when I see all of these fruits and vegetables that He created for our pleasure, I am in awe of this life and how it is only a foretaste of eternity. Thank you, Lord for this day when our country expresses its gratitute, may it always bring glory to You!

No comments:

Post a Comment