Sunday, May 16, 2010

Berries With Zabaglione

We had this for dessert last night.

I always feel a little guilty bringing home amazing ingredients to cook delicious food - for other people. Often my kids will ask, "is that for us"? Lately, more often than not, I've had to tell them no. I decided to buy a few extra ingredients yesterday and make us a special dinner, too. We had steak with crusty rolls (the amazing ones you get at restaurants, courtesy of BJ's), broccoli, steamed peas, and delicious berries with zabaglione.





Today I prepared food for a Christening Celebration.



Seafood Quiche



Grilled Veggie Sandwiches with Pesto and Fresh Mozzarella

Fresh Fruit (with Ham and Cheese Pretzel Sandwiches in the background)

Caesar Salads in Frico Cups


The family I cooked for is a really nice family from our school. What I found adorable is how excited the kids at the party were [for the food]. I was astounded at their delight with the grilled veggie sandwiches! I think it is so cool when kids have mature tastes. Last week one of my mom's good friends dropped off a batch of watercress soup. I wanted the kids to try it and they loved it. I like to have my kids try different things, sometimes they like them and sometimes they don't. In this case, I asked Joshua how he managed to get his bowl so clean. He licked it. How cool is that? I'm still waiting on the recipe. Hopefully I'll be able to share it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment