Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Simple Math

I'll be the first to admit, I am terrible at math. Embarrassingly, shockingly, bad at math. This simple equation, though, I understand.

Strawberries +


a blind baked crust +


strawberry glaze +



fresh whipped cream +


=delicious strawberry pie




Strawberry Pie

1 baked pie crust
1 cup mashed strawberries
2 T cornstarch
1/2 cup sugar
whole or chopped strawberries
fresh whipped cream

1. In a small saucepan, combine 2 T cornstarch, mashed strawberries and sugar. Cook over medium heat until thickened.
2. Layer fresh strawberries in pre-baked pie crust. Use as many as will fit.
3. Pour glaze over strawberries and refrigerate pie until ready to eat.
4. Top with whipped cream.

5 comments:

  1. oh yum. OH yum. I think you should just cook everything when you arrive to Iowa. I can do the bread- you do everything else. Haha, I wish I were kidding ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, please do all of the bread...
    I'm really intrigued by the sourdough!
    I'll plan to hopefully do some cooking - I so wish there were little farmstands out there. We're totally spoiled here with easy access to local and fresh produce any time during the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing!! Now I just need some more strawberries!! (Please don't take that as go buy me more, either!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so simple but so rusticly gorgeous I am tempted to go and buy out of season strawberries to give it a crack....

    ReplyDelete