Monday, May 28, 2012

A Perfect Weekend....

I took these pictures a few weekends ago....this is what our perfect weekend day looks like.  In this case it was Sunday, we skipped church because Josh's concussion prevented us from going out anywhere. 

We started with a morning walk to Starbucks.  Instant good mood.  






a little work outside - Kate was washing the car

and Rob was working on his dirtbike....or something
a little play - Josh and Emma trying to catch a bunny....didn't work :)

One of my favorite things about weekends is that they encourage downtime.  I love to see what my kids will entertain themselves with.  Emma has been enjoying playing "dentist".  This is her "kit" of "tools".  Basically, there are toothbrushes, flossers, toothpaste, mouthwash, and scrapers (paper-clips that have been straightened).  She begs to play "dentist" with all of us - I usually don't like having my mouth scraped with a paper clip.  Can you blame me?



here is one of her victims patients










The perfect ending to our weekend day was a very casual dinner on the front porch.  Homemade pizza, fruit, and paper plates.




What is your idea of a perfect weekend day?  I'm a bit of a homebody, so my ideal time is usually spent at home, with our little fam.  Maybe yours is shopping, quilting, or traveling.  Weigh in on your idea of a day well spent!

2 comments:

  1. Your perfect weekend looks a lot like mine. Chilling, Eating,doing "stuff". Throw in some quilting and frankly I dont think you can beat a weekend like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we love to go camping - but that would be for a whole weekend. I don't think I'd like my mouth scraped either - that's pretty funny!

    ReplyDelete