Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Cabin Pictures...

We just returned last night from a beautiful weekend in the mountains of western Pennsylvania.  It was a perfect long weekend.  Here are some pictures of our time.



our very fancy dinner of chili dogs - restaurants are not plentiful

mmmm, soft serve



you don't even want to know where we found this snakeskin

creepy.....

a hike through the woods




this one's for you, Shay!


hot dog griller

taco bowls




the perfect marshmallow


pure relaxation


riding up to see the sunset


Rob scrubbed these stove pans for an hour!  they were grody

donuts

which one to pick?

melty, toasty smores

morning coffee on the porch

manicures



We also took lots of landscape pictures - I'll try to post them with numbers so you can help me choose which ones to enlarge and frame.  If anyone is interested, I can give you the link to the web album (just email me).  Prints are an easy and inexpensive way to decorate (about $3 for an 8x10 print at Walgreens).  If you'd like some beautiful mountain landscapes, you can help yourself!  Summer is so beautiful in the mountains of western Pennsylvania. 

I hope you had a fun weekend!  What did you do? 

3 comments:

  1. Fall, Spring and Winter are beautiful there too! Glad you had a great time. The boys were impressed with the snake skin.

    I'll take a look at your landscapes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kirsten, I absolutely love your photos, I really felt like I was there enjoying every minute of it with you. What a fabulous place(except for the snake skin, if that was here we would have evacuated!)
    The kids are going to have such fabulous childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the pack of salt and vinegar chips BEFORE I saw the caption and just knew you put that in there for me...thank you. I love to live vicariously through international chippery.

    Did Josh save me any at all?

    I had never thought of taco bowls before...I must give them a try . I dont like taco shells.

    Your weekend looks like soooo much fun snake skin not withstanding!

    ReplyDelete