Monday, August 8, 2011

Little Miss Intensity

Not to be confused with Miss Responsibility.  Kate has been waiting to shop for school supplies since about June 20 - that's right, exactly nine days after school ended. 

Today was finally the day.  We headed off to Target and bought just about everything we needed.  The grand total was $65 and we still need eight binders (which cost roughly $8 each).  Life is expensive. 

We came home and the kids got to work organizing their school supplies.  We're really in a time crunch here, only 22 more days.  Can I just say I don't know where these kids came from?  I hated school.  They each run to the mailbox every day to see if the letter from their teacher's have arrived.  They haven't. 

Kate has literally been sharpening all of her new pencils for the last thirty minutes.  Pencil pouches are loaded.  Backpacks are packed.  All of the merchandise has been taken out of the packaging.  Now we just have 22 days to wait!


7 comments:

  1. That was me. Totally. I still love school supplies and try to justify buying some every year- at least now I have kids!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She can come over here and teach my kids until school starts! Sounds like a win - win to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel bad griping about the 50 pencils on LittleGirl's school supply list. My kids are very ready for school to begin. Lucky for y'all...we don't know who her teacher is until the day before school begins. (8/17) Happy Monday! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love buying school supplies! I can't seem to go to Target without buying something for my classroom. I wish your girls could be in my class!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sister and I were/are the same way. I always get excited when school supplies are put out in stores. Josh does his best to steer me away from any aisle that might house pens or folders etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't remember back that far, lol. I was never in a hurry for the start of the school year. At least they are looking forward to it and i hope they keep up the momentum throughout the year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was like that too. And my Mum was organised like you - we probably had our stuff ready about 4 weeks before school went back.

    It's nice that she is excited.

    ReplyDelete