Wednesday, February 23, 2011

simply pasta

I could eat this every day.

Crisped pancetta cubes, slow-roasted tomatoes, pasta, red pepper flakes, shredded parm, and Classico tomato and basil sauce.  Simple, fast, utterly delicious. 


On the side - tomato pesto batter bread.  I'll share this recipe soon.  I'm not a very good bread baker, but this was pretty stellar right out of the oven - with a generous helping of butter.  Comfort food to the max, that's what this meal was all about.  


What is your idea of comfort food?  Mine is always carbs - lots and lots of carbs.  Maybe you like a nice pot roast, a big steak, or a huge salad.  Me, I'll take fresh bread slathered with butter and a side of pasta! 

5 comments:

  1. Pot roast and mashed potatoes... it's what you made us when we brought our first baby home from the hospital, and it's been my favorite comfort food ever since. I often give it to other new moms when I take a meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comfort food for me is anything my Mum cooks. And if I'm cooking - it would be a roast or something casserole based.

    I think that's just the right amount of butter for your bread too! I love butter...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same with me love the carbs, shame my body doesn't love it that much! I was drooling as i read the first sentence, I love that combination.
    The bread sounds intriguing, I think I will want to try that. Love butter too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pasta! That's my comfort food, with a side glass of red wine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lasagna or mac n cheese- both with fresh baked rolls, red wine and chocolate mousse or brownie & ice cream with dessert. mmm.

    ReplyDelete