Thursday, May 5, 2011

Sopapillas

Remember when Chi-Chi's was all the rage?  The fresh tortilla chips with the mild and hot salsa?  The Mexican pizza?  The burritos?  The sopapillas? 

Chi-Chi's went into a major decline in our area - going from a hot spot to a closed down shell of a restaurant in a matter of years.  Isn't it interesting how just twenty years ago places like Chi-Chi's were considered exotic?  moving on....

I still remember the sopapillas.  Fried pieces of dough that you could dip into honey, chocolate sauce or strawberry sauce - I loved them. 

Because today is May 5th - Cinco de Mayo - I'm going to try to recreate sopapillas tonight for dessert! 

The Pioneer Woman shared this link - I'll keep you posted on the results!

1 comment:

  1. I love these. FIrst time I had one (or two) was in Denver, Co. at Casa Bonita's. So good. Melt in the mouth. Don't think I better make any or I'll just eat them all.

    It hit 96 here in Iowa today. Go figure. Had the heat on yesterday.

    Aunt Ilene

    ReplyDelete