Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Perfect for: Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner
Potato-Crust Asparagus "Quiche"
3 potatoes, thinly sliced (I used my mandoline slicer)
2 tsp olive oil
1 small red pepper, chopped
1 small red onion, chopped
3/4 lb asparagus, blanched and chopped
1/2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
1/3 cup milk
2 T cornstarch
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp kosher salt
freshly ground black pepper
1. Saute potato "chips" in saute pan until browned on either side (you'll need at least three batches). To create the "crust", overlap the slices in a circular pattern in a pie plate, completely covering the surface of the pan.
2. In the same saute pan, (using additional olive oil if necessary) brown chopped red pepper and onion until golden.
3. Layer: chopped asparagus, peppers and onions, and shredded cheese on top of potato crust.
4. Mix remaining ingredients and pour over vegetables and cheese.
5. Bake at 375 for 40 minutes or until quiche is set in the center.