Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Depths of Debauchery (or gluttony - whatever)

Friendly's [restaurant] holds many fond memories for me. There is a vague memory of a trip to Friendly's after a fun trip to Hersheypark. Friendly's was a favorite haunt after church youth group [in high school]. Friendly's was our "treat" right after we were married (and a $15 check was a huge expenditure). We used to have three locations here in York, but I think we're down to one. Apparently their popularity (at least in this area) is waning. Rob has always been a bit creeped out by the cleanliness, but I am willing to overlook just about anything in order to get one of these:

A Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Sundae




That's right, I've concocted my own version and it is ridiculous.

Here it is:

In a bowl, place 2T peanut butter (I use natural jif) and microwave for 30-45 seconds or until peanut butter is melted. Place two scoops of chocolate ice cream on top of melted peanut butter. Pour this hot fudge sauce over the ice cream and top with whipped cream.
*The original Friendly's version is served with vanilla ice cream, but I always preferred the chocolate ice cream. Also, in my version, you don't have to pay extra for more peanut butter sauce! :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh man- this is deadly. But looks incredible! I'd prefer vanilla, myself- I think this is on the docket for this evening! Or maybe every evening...

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Delicious! And a great idea (and a nice photo!)

    I remember Friendly's! The one on RT30, I think.

    Oh, and I think I'll have to charge my four year-old for extra PB sauce. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the only surviving one is on rt 30. They used to charge 50 cents for the smallest ramekin of peanut butter you can imagine! You know, you could also put the large peanut butter cup onto the whipped cream like they do- (I always saved that for last!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...that does look ridiculously good!

    i personally love friendlys. for $10 you get a sandwich fries drink and ice cream! their barbeque chicken sandwich is really good.

    cleanliness? all restaurants are gross. as long as i don't look, i'm cool with that:) lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am hiding this post from Mr. P. All his loves wrapped up in one bowl would be just too deadly!

    And if by chance he does spy it, I'm telling him I can't make it because we dont get Jif PB here

    (Jif is actually a chemical cleaner in Australia...)

    ReplyDelete