Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Dear School Secretary,

You are kind of not nice. 

I wish you knew my son, you'd think he was a great kid.  Yes, I know he's forgetful.  I am, too. 

You give me a hard time every time I drop something off for him.  I realize you're busy with your job. 

I understand that by eighth grade, he should not forget something he needs for school.  I don't need you to tell me. 

Just so you know, I will continue to serve and love my son.  I wish you felt the same about the students in your school. 

If he forgets something again, I will be bringing that item to him.  He is a great kid.  Honest, hardworking, kind, and respectful.  If he forgets his lunch money, I will not be teaching him a lesson by letting him go hungry.  If he finishes a project early, but gets the due date wrong, I will bring him that project. 

Till we meet again,

an enabling parent.  

3 comments:

  1. Oh, dear, Kirsten. And so it begins. Perhaps if you bring her one of your fabulous concoctions of yummy treats when you bring the forgotten item, she'll smile. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. "you are kind of not nice" - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least she is not one of his teachers!

    ReplyDelete