Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Perfect Sandwich

If I can be honest, can I just say that the whole time I'm trying to run around my neighborhood - all I can think about is what I'll eat when I get home.  I probably shouldn't run around lunchtime. I think my stomach was growling the entire time I was huffing and puffing (a whopping 30 minutes). 

Although, if the rest of my creations are indicative of yesterday - I can't lose.

This is what I concocted in my mind.


And the reality was even better than my imagination.

Here is what I did


I crisped bacon and chopped onions in an iron skillet.  I slathered coarse-grain dijon mustard on half of the sandwich.  



On the other half of the sandwich I layered Boars Head turkey, swiss cheese, and thinly sliced honeycrisp apples.  After I wiped the bacon grease from the skillet, I browned the sandwich on both sides.

The combination, my friends, was ridiculous.  The sweet crunch of the apples, the salty bite of the bacon, and the homey taste of good turkey and melted cheese was divine.  If I had to describe it in one phrase: "fall flavors perfected between two pieces of bread". 

You need to eat this sandwich. 

2 comments:

  1. Right ...send me some of those apples. Once we sneak them past customs I'll give it a go and report back.

    It does look fabulously delicious. It's definitely a Mr. P sandwich.

    ReplyDelete