Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I'm Discontent (apparently)

I have been absent in my blog posting. 

Rob keeps asking me why I haven't posted anything recently.  I think part of the reason is that I tend to live a groundhog day.  Every Day.  I'm certainly not complaining.  I fully consider it a luxury and privilege that I can stay home full-time. 

My days always include: laundry, running the dishwasher at least three times, helping with homework, carpooling to sports, packing lunches, making dinners, the usual.  I'm not sure I have much to share that's worth sharing. 

Plus, I've been introduced to Pinterest.  I'm fully blaming my sister-in-law.  She introduced me to this complete time-absorbing activity.  And, it's made me discontent.  All of a sudden I've decided that Rob needs a hobby room, I need a first-floor laundry, our closets need organized, and I need to decorate seasonally. 



So, for the past few weeks, I've been dreaming.  Dreaming of a new kitchen.  Dreaming of organized closets. 

For now, I'll continue to plan.  To steal pinecones from my neighbor's yard.  To spend the minimum amount of money to organize and beautify our house.  And, I'm continuing to cook.  Tonight is this luscious pork roast [and some yukon golds that are begging to become mashed potatoes]. 



the very simple marinade of: honey, beer, onions, and mustard



my front window "tablescape"


the pilfered pinecones, shhhhh.....

the closet where I'd like my washer and dryer to live

the coat closet that desperately needs organization
 So, there you have it.  I'll keep you posted if/when I actually accomplish any beautifying or organizing. 

I'll also take pictures of the finished pork and mashed potatoes - it's gonna be good. 

5 comments:

  1. I thought the last photo WAS the organized closet. Holy moly, you should see mine. It's disgusting. We literally throw things on top of it and quickly close the door. Like a cartoon. Only it's real life.

    I'm impressed with your food AND your closets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've avoided Pinterest like the plague because I just know I'll become addicted. Since I work, blog, quilt , and spend most of my time responding to email and other blog posts I don't have time for another obsession!

    We all live Groundhog Day Kirsten. It's just the activity during the day that varies. Mine is work which you'll notice I never talk about! I love reading about the snippets of your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, honey, I do understand your discontentment. Happens to me at least once per year but the past year, I had a full dose of it for much longer. I went to the Seewing Summit (a conference for sewers) and boy did that get me out of the funk. Of course, I pondered not going but since tix were non-refundable, I really didn't want to lose the $.

    Anyway, one day, you'll decide enough is enough and go somewhere or do something to pull yourself out. Until then, I'll ask your expertise, if you don't mind. Do you have any tips/tricks for easy seed removal on Spaghetti Squash? I'm about to post a blog on roasting it and making a soup with the leftovers but would love to include any seeding tips if you have any. I went old school and spent a lot of time picking them out. Thank goodness someoen have me an immersion blender, it more than made up for the time (and I've been asking myself all day why I haven't bought one sooner. I'm stoked to use it for applesauce and other foods!)

    :) Anyway, off to figure out something different to do with the chix in the fridge. Hope the funk ends soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can hook you up with all things forestry, bring a large bucket or trash bag when you come over. And after you find your treasures, I'll show you my closet, which is like Leslie's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been bitten by the Pinterest bug. I stopped buying house and garden magazines because I kept on feeling bad that my house didn't look like the ones in the mags. Pinterest is definitely the lesser of two evils, lol.
    If I had a coat closet and it looked like yours I'd be very happy!
    The worst thing about housework, is no sooner than you've done it, you have to do it again, over and over and over again. It's not fair.

    ReplyDelete