since joining the gym one month ago.
1. My clothing has never been tighter. I keep hearing, "oh, but you're building muscle". I don't want muscle. I want loose clothing.
2. There is a reason that speedo bathing suits do not have "miracle" in their title. If you look good in a speedo, you are my hero.
3. I think my kids have seen more than they've bargained for. People are not real modest in the locker rooms. Kate said last week, "I've seen things no ten-year old should ever see". I kind of don't find it a big deal. I guess I'm not real modest either, then.
4. Every drop of sweat on your body is highly visible in a brightly lit exercise room with mirrors on all sides.
5. My kids are part fish. We've been swimming a few times a week and Kate swam 44 laps last night.
6. I am part fish. I really love to swim. I don't like the speedo, the dry skin, or having to use conditioner, but swimming is good for my mental health. I just wish it made my clothing fit better.
7. I feel a little guilty exercising every day. I totally realize it's a luxury. It takes time. But, I kind of love it.
8. There are lots of rules and signs announcing the rules. My personal favorite hangs in the sauna/steam/hot tub area. "This area should not be used for shaving". Really, someone needed to specify that?
9. It's a great excuse to eat more.