Wednesday, March 23, 2011

41 degrees

and rainy.  Such describes our current weather.  I'll admit, it's a little disheartening.  What to do?  Why, eat of course! 



I was starving for some good old comfort food.  Roast chicken, roast potatoes, and frozen green peas. 





My dad and I met my sister for a fun time in her home city of Philadelphia.  When I came home at 3:30, I made lemony garlic roast chicken.  When I came back from the bus stop I put some cubed yukon gold potatoes onto a baking sheet with olive oil, salt and pepper.  Right before the potatoes were finished I steamed the peas.  Easy peasy lemon squeezy.  And, oh so comforting.  It's still 41 and rainy, but now we have dessert to look forward to. 

a black and white cookie from the Famous Fourth St Jewish deli, Phila

3 comments:

  1. Wow that's the biggest cookie ever!!! Sounds like a fun day you guys had- minus the rain...any yummy finds on your adventure??

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it makes you feel any better, we had several inches of snow today...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum...your chicken looks delicious. Perfect cool weather food Sounds like you and I are finally sharing the same sort of weather Kirsten! It's been dreary here this week.

    When weather like that lurks you need to cuddle up on the lounge with a soft fluffy quilt and read a book...

    That's one HUGE cookie!

    ReplyDelete