Saturday, May 11, 2013

Done


I had a cooking event today where I was responsible for feeding 179 people. I managed to capture just two pictures, and I'm so glad it's over. Thankfully the menu allowed me to prep many things ahead of time and then to do my final cooking on-site yesterday and today. I never know how much to prepare, and invariably I have leftovers, but that's certainly a better scenario than the alternative! 

This was a large undertaking, but it went extremely well and I'm very thankful for the opportunity. 

I made: sticky bun ham and cheese sandwiches, chicken salad croissants, potato salad, shrimp and chorizo skewers, crudités with smoked salmon spread, fruit trays, chocolate fudge, molasses cookies, white chocolate truffles with lemon, and orange poppyseed cupcakes with raspberry frosting. 







3 comments:

  1. Nice spread, Kirsten! Was that 179 people in someone's home? Hopefully, if yes, it was a drop-in. :) Your catering & beautiful dishes continue to inspire and amaze me, friend. I want to be just like you when I grow up. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dessert table looks heavenly. You did a grand job and I suspect you deserve a couple of very relaxing days now.

    I dont know how you do it - I stress out doing a dinner for 12....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must have little elves that helped you out at night - there's so much work for just one person! Everything looks beautiful and I'm sure tastes just yummy.

    ReplyDelete