Thursday, November 14, 2013

Family Calendar

For the past few years, I've made calendars to give to our families for Christmas.  We take so many pictures throughout the year and it's nice to be able to use them in a calendar format.  It is extremely time consuming.  For this years' project, I think I'm about eight hours in (maybe just an hour left, hopefully).

I searched for about 45 minutes for one picture of my uncle.  My sister-in-law deleted her facebook and I had to resort to using a picture of her husband singing, her baby sleeping, and a picture of her that's three years old.  The only picture I could find of my brother-in-law is one where his face is partially obscured by a vase of flowers.  I found a hilarious picture of my Aunt Connie wearing a cowboy hat and holding a fake gun. 

The lasting impression, though, after slugging through this all day is that we are blessed.  Beyond anything I ever imagined for our family.  Our children are healthy.  We have families that love and pray for us. We have a house to call our own.  We get to do some really cool things with our kids - traveling to Florida (twice), New Hampshire, and our cabin.  We travel by ourselves - this year to Arizona and California.  We have the ability to be active - to kayak, to hike, to ride atv's, to play sports.  We've eaten some really great food.  We've visited state parks, toured strawberry farms, picked citrus, and taken a ziplining tour. 

When I commiserate on how much Rob works, I need to remind myself of the special things we get to do as a family.  Here are some of the many pictures I was able to include on the re-cap of 2013.  Hope you enjoy.






















We are blessed and thankful to God, from who all blessings flow. 

3 comments:

  1. There's nothing like going back through photos to see how much you've done and how much you have to be thankful for.

    I love the idea of personalised calendars. Im thinking of stealing this idea and using it next year!

    I recall that donut adventure – I ‘m still hankering for one.

    How much does Josh look like Rob!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful family! It is so important to remember how much we do have. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're photos are always fabulous Kirsten. They will be a wonderful reminder for many years to come.

    ReplyDelete