Maybe you could help settle a little argument between Rob and I.....
Do you think this should be considered pizza? or flatbread? Rob thinks pizza should contain a red sauce and white cheese -
Fig, Caramelized Onion, and Gorgonzola Pizza
topped with arugula
pizza dough (I used this recipe)
2 sweet onions
1 T butter
1 tsp sugar
1 small bag (6 oz) dried figs (covered with boiling water for 5 minutes)
1 small container (6 oz) gorgonzola
4 cups arugula
1. Slice onions and add to small saute pan. Add butter and sugar and cook slowly over low heat for 25 minutes or until onions turn caramel-brown.
2. Shape pizza dough to fit baking stone or cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and "par-bake" at 400 degrees for 8 minutes or until it begins to turn golden.
3. Slice reconstituted figs laterally until they lay flat.
4. Top par-baked pizza crust with gorgonzola, figs, and caramelized onions.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for an additional 10 minutes.
6. Top with arugula and serve.
Asparagus, Goat Cheese, and Pine Nut Pizza
1 lb asparagus, shaved or sliced laterally
1 small container (6 oz) crumbled goat cheese
3 T fresh chives
1/2 cup pine nuts
1. Par-bake pizza dough, drizzled with olive oil, at 400 degrees for 8 minutes.
2. Remove from oven and sprinkle chives, goat cheese, and asparagus. Bake for an additional 5 minutes.
3. Top pizza with pine nuts and continue baking for 5 minutes.
after final baking