Friday, October 8, 2010

Bathroom Pictures (aka FTF pt. 2)

This should have been shared in conjunction with my Favourite Things Friday - but I'll just include it as an addendum. 

When I mentioned that Rob was hardworking I should have elaborated:  he works as the executive director for a non-profit foundation, while still servicing his investment clients from his former career.  He also serves on the board of directors for a non-profit that ministers to special needs adults. 

As if that wasn't enough to keep him busy - he's been very diligent on finishing projects around the house!


Exhibit A: my brand new dishwasher!  I cannot believe how amazing this appliance is - my dishes come out clean.  I know that's what a dishwasher is supposed to do, but my previous one was pretty crappy.  Rob and Josh stayed up until 11:00 pm last Friday night, installing it for me! 


ps - these dishes are still dirty, but you get the idea I hope!

Our master bathroom started it's life as a pink explosion.  Because the house was built in 1955, the colors were a little, shall we say, different - apparently pink was the rage.  Rob has totally redone the bathroom and hopes to be finished by Sunday evening!


I should have taken before pictures when the bathroom was pink - but here are some "before" shots from this morning.


the sink - you can see the wall color will be turquoise

the shower

another view of the shower, with our fixtures

We're actually leaving for our cabin in about an hour.  I feel like it's important that we all spend some time together - without the distractions of work, TV, telephone, computer, soccer, etc.  We're planning to attend a little farm festival tomorrow with the kids, have some campfires, hike a bit, and come back refreshed on Sunday morning.  The leaves are starting to change and the air temperature is in the mid-70's.  It should be a perfect weekend - and well-deserved!  The kids and Rob have been working hard and I can't wait to see them all relax. 

Have a great weekend everyone - I'll share pictures of the finished bathroom on Monday morning!

4 comments:

  1. It's always handy to ha e a handy man at home. I love the tiles and the paint colour.
    Isn't it great to have a dishwasher do what it is supposed to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to see the finish. This is so exciting !

    It already looks terrific!

    WTG on the new dishwasher. I am still completely in love with mine. I know it's wrong to love an inanimate object so much but I cant help myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While we live in the city, we enjoy what is normal "emenities" but at the cottage, the dishwasher is a treat for anyone.
    A finished bathroom is a luxury. I'm thinking you will love this one!
    Our "cabin" is closed for the season, enjoy yours

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone - the walls are painted, just waiting for the trim! woo-hoo :)

    And, yes, having a dishwasher that actually works is such a treat.

    Sorry you have to wait till next summer, Nanci! If it makes you feel any better, I kept hearing something scurrying around on the roof or somewhere last night! It was a little creepy. I imagine you miss that a little only having your cottage open in the warmer months!

    ReplyDelete