Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Broccoli - Cheddar Quiche

A few months ago I  posted this recipe for a quiche with a potato crust.  I decided that I would take pictures of the crust so I could show you what it looks like before filled.  I am a very visual person, so I love seeing the steps and the whole picture.  I often forget while I'm cooking to take pictures of the various components that go into a recipe.

I simply sauteed these thinly sliced potatoes in a little olive oil until they began to brown and then overlapped them as you can see.  I added salt and pepper to the overlapped slices and then added my egg mixture.  This would make a perfect dinner with some soup and a roll of crusty bread!





Maybe some meatball soup?



















or some ham and bean soup?




                         Or, a local favorite, chicken corn soup?





Broccoli -Cheddar Quiche with Potato Crust
1 potato crust
4 eggs
1/4 cup milk (I used whole)
2 T parmesan cheese
2 T flour
1/2 cup shredded cheddar, plus more for the top
1 cup lightly steamed broccoli

1.  Add salt and pepper to the crust.
2.  In a large bowl, stir parmesan cheese and flour with a fork.  Add milk and eggs and whisk until well-blended.
3.  Place cheddar cheese and broccoli directly onto crust.
4.  Pour egg mixture over cheese and broccoli.  Sprinkle with additional cheese.
5.  Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes, or until set and top is browned. 

3 comments:

  1. now THIS is my kind of quiche!! have you made chicken corn soup already?? you're on the ball!! we've had tomoato bisque and broccoli cheddar so far! need to make our favorite squash soup soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmnnnnnnn..This would also make a perfect spring meal without the soup. I was only talking about quiche the other day. Might have to give this a crack. I have still to make those darling chicken lettuce cups.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, we're going to be at odds here with the food cravings - that will be a perfect spring meal!
    and, you'll love the chicken wraps!! are you going to put cilantro in them?

    ReplyDelete