Monday, December 19, 2011

Upcoming New Recipes

So, will you be cooking this week?  We are blessed to live near to both of our families and we'll get to celebrate Christmas with everyone this coming weekend. 

We're doing things a little differently this year - celebrating on Christmas Eve day with Rob's family and then spending Christmas Day with my family.  Of course we will eat very well at both locations!

I'll be trying several new recipes - click on the link, if included, to see the recipe ahead of time!

Our Christmas Eve festivities will include a brunch.  I'm planning to contribute a chipped beef and dill dip with rye bread cubes, a salad (probably mandarin oranges, pomegranates, and toasted almonds with lettuce), and a vegetable tian.

On Christmas Day, I'll be making Ina's tomato tarts, fennel gratin, and my apple galette. 

How about you?  Will you be hosting or traveling to family?  Are you going to try a new recipe?

I'll keep you updated on all of my new recipes! 

2 comments:

  1. I hear your Apple Galette is very very good, I'll be trying it out after Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy! I'll be hosting at my house with all the kids (+ 2 grandkids). We'll have a breakfast casserole in the morning -- probably with bacon or maybe sausage. I haven't picked out the recipe yet. I guess I better do that soon. I may try your apple galette too - I've heard it was great and easy too!

    ReplyDelete