Saturday, February 25, 2012

Banana Cupcakes

I just made these - and after looking at the pictures, I realized that they sort of look like an over-easy egg.  I used my trusty banana bread recipe and then topped the muffins cupcakes with cream cheese frosting (adding lemon zest and a little lemon juice).  I put a dollop of apricot jam on top and sprinkled with toasted coconut. 

Even if they look a little like brunch, I've been told they're pretty yummy.  I found some pretty willing guinea pigs!  I also have chocolate peanut butter cookies in the oven - Josh is taking the treats for a get-together with friends, hopefully they'll enjoy them!


Have a great weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. They look delicious. Mr. P is rather fond of banana cake and cupcakes would stop him devouring the whole cake at once !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmm banana cupcakes, yum. I love cream cheese icing on carrot cake and it would be equally nice on banana cake or cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete