Thursday, June 23, 2011

Fage Yogurt

When I first discovered Fage yogurt, I bought it for 33 cents each.  Even though I now pay $1.70 for each single serving, some things are totally worth a little splurge.  My favorite is the whole milk variety with sour cherry topping.  Unfortunately, my Giant store does not carry this delightful concoction. 

So, I decided to whip up my own little concoction.  Lemon curd, toasted coconut, and blueberries.

Tart, creamy, crunchy, and fruity.  You could totally serve this for dessert.  Or eat it for breakfast.  It reminds me of panna cotta or cheesecake. 

I would definitely describe Fage yogurt as a splurge.  If you don't want to start a habit you can't break - don't try it. 



Lemon Curd (makes 2 cups) courtesy of the New Betty Crocker Cookbook
1 cup sugar
1 T lemon zest
1 cup lemon juice
3 T butter
3 eggs, slightly beaten

1.  mix sugar, lemon peel, and lemon juice in a saucepan with wire whisk.
2.  stir in butter and eggs.  cook over medium heat about 8 minutes, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon.  (do not boil)
3.  pour into jar and refrigerate up to 2 months. 

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm! As always, looks delish. ☺

    Happy Thursday!

    PS...Mom and Dad are in your neck of the woods today. Thanks for hooking them up with some great places to visit. They were very excited when I spoke to them last evening. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I never thought to make my own lemon curd to put with greek yoghurt.That would save me tripping off to the Yoghurt Shop every time I get a craving!

    Another thing I must try!

    ReplyDelete