Thursday, September 15, 2011

What We're Doing this Weekend......

My mom, sister, and I are traveling to New York City!  We're leaving for the city on Saturday morning and we'll be coming home on Sunday morning. 

My sister bought tickets for us to enjoy the Greenwich Village Food Tasting [Walking] Tour. 

We'll be walking to various establishments (a cheese store, pizza shop, Mediterranean restaurant, and bakery) and sampling some of their fares.  Some of these local companies have been in business for more than 100 years. 

My plan is to take lots of pictures and tell you all about it!

My newshound/nervous nellie husband has been reading articles about crime in New York City to me for about a month now.  Last week he recounted an article he'd read about a woman being bitten on the subway by a "raccoon-sized rat".  Um, okay.  It is nice to know he's concerned.  I guess.  :)

We'll be staying here. 

Our plans include lots of walking, even more eating, and enjoying a girls weekend getaway!  See you Monday.

4 comments:

  1. I'm completely jealous, Kirsten! Hope you have a wonderful (and safe) time. Gorge out for me, please. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least Rob didn't keep quoting the "1 out of 2" stat that your dear father-in-law kept mentioning to Lisa...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you that sounds fabulous, I'm very jealous too. Hope you have your taser with you, lol!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't listen to every one who is telling you NY is a hot bed of crime. Just go and have wonderful time. Yes- pictures we need tons of pictures.

    Your hotel looks very swish...

    Gosh you and your Mom look similar!

    ReplyDelete