Sunday, July 17, 2011

Margarita Cheesecake

Today is our neighborhood block party.  We swim, play horseshoes, eat, and enjoy hanging out in the 'hood. 

I decided to make two desserts to share: margarita cheesecake and a pecan pie. 

I received this recipe from my mom - I just can't remember where she found the recipe.  I want to say it was a Southern Living recipe....maybe my mom will read this and set the record straight!

Anyway - I'll show you what I did. 

I placed one and half packages of graham crackers, 1/4 cup sugar, and two teaspoons of lime zest into my food processor. 




After pulsing for about 2 minutes, this is what the mixture should look like.




Mix with melted butter (7 Tbsp) and press into a springform pan.  Wrap aluminum foil around the bottom of the pan to prevent leakage.

 

Bake crust at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.

In a mixing bowl, beat four packages of softened cream cheese until smooth. 




Reduce speed to low.  Add [four] eggs, one at a time.  Add  1 1/4 cups sugar, and 1/4 tsp salt. 





Finally, add 8 oz sour cream, 1/4 cup orange juice, 1/2 cup lime juice, and 1 T lime zest.  



Pour cream cheese mixture into springform pan, on top of the cooled graham cracker crust.  




Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.  Turn the oven temperature to "off" and keep the cheesecake in the oven for one hour before opening the door (this should hopefully prevent cracks on the top). 
Refrigerate for at least six hours or up to two days before serving.


3 comments:

  1. This looks delicious....I bet you'll be the star of the party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.My.Pie...er, Cheescake! This looks so divine. I can't wait to try it. Thanks so much for sharing.

    I bet it was a smash at the Block Party. Happy Sunday! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so good Kirsten. I think that would be lovely for the next High Tea.

    ReplyDelete