Monday, July 11, 2011

Just to clear things up.....

I feel like maybe I've given you the wrong impression.  It seems that everyone thinks I'm some sort of health nut or something.  I just want you to know that sometimes you just have to let loose [and eat something naughty]. 


The only meal that gets cheers around here is grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup.  Literally, cheers. 

I happened to have this sitting in my refrigerator - it was taunting me. 


Yes, I am aware that the description reads, "pasteurized prepared cheese product".  Recently, Gwyneth Paltrow remarked that she's rather smoke crack than eat cheese out of a can.  A little melodramatic much?  I don't eat Velveeta too often, but if you've never had a grilled cheese made with Velveeta, you're really missing out. 

Just look at all of that prime "melti-ness".  So good. 



And, since I wasn't sure if what I served my family was really dairy, we enjoyed this for dessert!  Not really, I was just hungry for chocolate pudding. 




Recipes:

Tomato Bisque

Roasted Cauliflower with smoked paprika

Chocolate Pudding
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup cocoa
2 T cornstarch
1/8 tsp salt
2 cups milk
2 tsp vanilla

1. Mix sugar, cornstarch, and salt in 2-quart saucepan. Gradually stir in milk.
2. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
3. Boil and stir one minute. Remove from heat.
4. Add vanilla, stir, and serve (top with fresh whipped cream, if desired).

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmmm grilled cheese on toast . Is there anything yummier? If I wasnt having roast for dinner I can completely see myself scoffing down a couple of those!

    ReplyDelete