Monday, January 3, 2011

Back on the Wagon

I realize that I've been a little sporadic in posting actual recipes. I plan to remedy that with this post - sort of. This dinner is a favorite in our home and I've posted the recipes before, but I thought I would include some pictures.

I also decided to make sun-dried tomato "toasts" as an accompaniment to our meal. I simply placed a slice of cheddar cheese on a slice of baguette and topped with sun-dried tomato pesto. I baked at 375 degrees for about ten minutes.



Chicken with Creamed Spinach
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded thinly
bread crumbs
parmesan cheese
freshly ground black pepper
4 Tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic, sliced
1 bag frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1/2 cup greek yogurt or sour cream
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup shredded cheddar

1. Mix bread crumbs and parmesan cheese (I would start with 1/2 cup of each). Dredge chicken breasts in crumb/parm mixture.
2. In a large saute pan, brown chicken breasts in olive oil. Remove breasts from pan once both sides are nicely browned and place into a baking dish.



3. In the same saute pan, add more oil if necessary and lightly brown garlic. Add spinach, yogurt, and remaining ingredients and cook over medium heat until cheese is melted and the rest of the ingredients are combined well.



4. Pour "cream" mixture over chicken breasts, sprinkle with additional crumbs and parmesan and bake at 375 for 45 minutes or until chicken breasts are cooked through and bread crumbs are golden.


Roasted Cauliflower with smoked paprika
cauliflower
salt, pepper
smoked paprika
olive oil

Toss cauliflower with all ingredients and roast in a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until slightly browned.

2 comments:

  1. I am absolutely going to try these recipes, Yummmmmmmm. Thank you so much for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the chicken with spinach idea. Going to try that soon.

    ReplyDelete