Wednesday, January 26, 2011

What's Your Poison?

I am not normally a breakfast person - at least in the sweet realm.  I crave things more savory than not.  When I was growing up, we chewed sugar-free gum and ate healthy cereal.  Once in a while my mom would buy "sugary" cereals.  We were usually allowed to choose which one would be our special treat.  I would almost always choose Lucky Charms....until I found these. 


I don't know what it is about Golden Grahams...but I love them.  And, trust me, I don't believe that these are a good source of whole grain or calcium - but I still love a special treat once in a while.  Most mornings, my kids eat either Shredded Wheat or toast with fruit.   Every once in a while, though, I buy "sugary" cereals.  They disappear faster than you can imagine! 

So, what's your favorite "sugary" cereal?  Come on, I know you have one!  Rob is a sucker for Cinnamon Toast Crunch.  The kids will eat any they can get their hands on.  Can't wait to hear your secret indulgence. 

6 comments:

  1. yeah i can't do big sugar in the AM- i eat mostly eggs, or steel oats. good protein. i'm becoming picky about what i eat - eat about every 3 hours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you ever had golden grahams on vanilla ice cream? you must try it, it is delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cinnamon Toast Crunch sounds yum. I prefer savoury for breakfast, but I do like oats with maple syrup or brown sugar to sweeten.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do coco pops occasionally. Cant stand froot loops. Mostly I am a vegemite on toast or weetbix girl in the mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. must run in the fam, mine is ctc hands down! also love a good bowl of lucky charms loaded with marshmellows! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. and, thus, illustrates the level of commitment in our family - cinnamon toast crunch has become an acronym!

    ReplyDelete