Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Another Use for Stewed Eggplant...

I keep thinking with each post on stewed eggplant (buranee banjan) that it will be my last mention.  I keep hoping that I can convince some of you to love it, too! 

My latest creation - eggplant pizza.  Convinced yet?



How about now?  I simply topped the PW pizza dough with my stewed eggplant  I laid a few slices of fresh mozzarella, sprinkled some parm and baked at 415 degrees for 15-20 minutes.  I think it was even better for lunch the next day!

6 comments:

  1. I love you Kirsten but I dont do eggplant. Ive never yet managed to make a single thing I liked out of it and I have tried!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you and the rest of my family!! I have tried in vain - I think at one point we had a bitter eggplant and everyone is jaded :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unlike Miss Shay I do like eggplant. I missed your original post and I love Middle Eastern food, so I am going to give that a try as soon as I can get my hands on some eggplant. Quite a few of the restaurants around here serve eggplant on pizza with lamb and tzatziki, yumm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marg - I feel like I have achieved my goal!!! I just so want someone to try this stewed eggplant and love it! I usually make a batch of this every two weeks or so - makes a great lunch :)

    I'll email you a couple of tips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kirsten, that was a winner! I loved it, thank you for persevering and hoping that someone would like it. I will definitely be making it again.

    ReplyDelete