Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Dear Neighbor

I hope you looked outside last night and this morning.

There is nothing more quiet and peaceful than a winter snowstorm.....


Nothing more bitterly beautiful than a winter sunrise....









 On second thought, hopefully you didn't look out when I trudged around in this....


I had been meaning to take pictures of the sunrises the past few days, but never enough to bundle up and go outside in 15 degree weather.  Today, with the beauty of the white-tipped branches, I felt compelled to capture the beauty on film.  I'm still pretty unsure how to use my camera, but even with the setting on nighttime (this morning), the results are still gorgeous.  Rob took the pictures last night. 

We received about three inches of fluffy and light snow.  Rob and Josh enjoyed skiing last night in the fresh "powder" and the girls are playing outside right now.  I rather like the snow from my vantage point - in front of our picture window and drinking a nice dark cup of coffee! 

2 comments: