Sunday, January 9, 2011

Almost Easier Than Opening a Jar...

This is the Pioneer Woman's recipe for restaurant-style salsa.  Honestly, the most time-consuming part involves opening all of the cans.  If you have a food-processor, you can have homemade salsa in less than five minutes. 



Ingredients

  • 1 can (28 Ounce) Whole Tomatoes With Juice
  • 2 cans (10 Ounce) Rotel (diced Tomatoes And Green Chilies)
  • ¼ cups Chopped Onion
  • 1 clove Garlic, Minced
  • 1 whole Jalapeno, Quartered And Sliced Thin
  • ¼ teaspoons Sugar
  • ¼ teaspoons Salt
  • ¼ teaspoons Ground Cumin
  • ½ cups Cilantro (more To Taste!)
  • ½ whole Lime Juice

Preparation Instructions

Combine whole tomatoes, Rotel, onion, jalapeno, garlic, sugar, salt, cumin, lime juice, and cilantro in a blender or food processor. Pulse until you get the salsa to the consistency you’d like—I do about 10 to 15 pulses. Test seasonings with a tortilla chip and adjust as needed.
Refrigerate salsa for at least an hour. Serve with tortilla chips or cheese nachos.

Here is the original link.  I didn't read the recipe again while I made my salsa - I forgot to add cumin, sugar, and I used canned jalapenos (1/2 of a small can) - I also didn't wait to taste it until I refrigerated (for an hour).  It's still amazing!  I think it would be divine with the tortilla chips "with a hint of lime".   

4 comments:

  1. Yum! I've been craving salsa. Thanks for sharing. Happy Sunday! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. P loves Salsa so yet another recipe just made it's way into our recipe collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Printed same PW salsa recipe yesterday! Need to make it this week. Had stuffed peppers tonite-they were yummy! Have a good week-hopefully we'll escape the 5-10" of snow that supposed to start tonite!
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love salsa too, but tomatoes and green chillies, have never seen that here. I'm sure I will be able to substitute, um, something!

    ReplyDelete