Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Bet

Rob and I are the firstborns in our families. We are opinionated, bossy, strong-willed, and generally like to get our own way.  We also [both] really like to be right. 

For some reason, we were discussing weather patterns this past week.  I overheard Rob tell the kids that when we were in high school, the temperature dropped to -20 degrees fahrenheit.  I'm sure I said something like, "Uh, don't you think that's a little bit of an exaggeration?" (probably with an eye roll thrown in).  So, of course, he fired back with, "okay, let's make a bet".

We each came up with a just punishment for the loser.  If he was exaggerating and the temperature was, in fact, above -20 degrees every day in the past 30 years, he would have to unload and reload my dishwasher every day.  In our house, that's about three times a day - no exaggeration(!).

And, if I lost (which I did)....





This, my friends, is my punishment. I have to match all of his socks and keep his sock drawer organized for.one.month. Ugh.

Stupid January 1994.

2 comments:

  1. At least its only a month . How much mess can he make in one drawer for a month?

    PS . -20 sounds awful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me feel really old. I remember those years - and great blizzards!

    "When I was a kid, the weather never made it above 0 degrees in the Winter - and we still had school... (which I walked uphill 3 miles to)."

    ReplyDelete