Thursday, January 3, 2013

15 Years and counting.


Today is our 15th wedding anniversary.  In very typical fashion, I've decided to cook one of Rob's favorite things: meatloaf!  This is a picture from a previous post, our meatloaf for tonight is in the oven. 



I'm also trying a new recipe for dessert.  We just returned last night from a short winter vacation to our favorite part of Florida. 

This year we decided to take our kids to our favorite dessert destination, Euphemia Haye, on Longboat Key.  We visited this year on New Year's Eve for dessert on a whim and somehow managed to score a table.  We each ordered a different dessert and enjoyed sampling all of the selections.  I decided to try to recreate their triple berry pie.  The crust is pre-baked  and a thin layer of cream cheese is spread over the crust.  Strawberries, blueberries, and red raspberries are smothered in a strawberry glaze.  My version is cooling in the refrigerator for later this evening!  I'll let you know how it is. 




We normally don't do too much for our anniversary, but 15 years is a pretty long time, so I even got Rob a card! 

Stay tuned for some upcoming posts detailing our little trip south!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations I hope you had a wonderful evening. The meatloaf and dessert look magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary guys. 15 years is awesome.

    It was our anniversary 3 days before yours.We are up to number 8.

    Ive been looking at berry all sorts of things of late so I'll be interested to see how your pie goes. It looks delish!

    ReplyDelete