Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Deep Dish Pizzas

Have you ever made deep dish pizzas?  My sister-in-law bought me these adorable pizza pans for my birthday and I've been dying to experiment. 


From what I've gathered through research, the dough has to be buttery and a little less oily than traditional thin crust pizzas.  And, I've also discovered that the toppings are kind of backwards - the cheese gets placed on first, then the cured meats and then the tomato sauce. 

I vaguely remember eating at an Uno Pizzeria with Rob sometime in high school, but I don't clearly remember the flavor.  I probably watch too many episodes of Diners, Dives, and Drive-ins, because I've been craving a deep dish pizza for a long time. 

I'll keep you posted - if all goes according to plan, this will be our dinner tonight!  It's another rainy, cold and dreary day - nothing a good carb-loading can't fix. 

Thanks, Ang, for the thoughtful present - you can shop for me at Williams-Sonoma any time! 

1 comment:

  1. Cant wait to see how this turned out. Crispy thin is my favourite base , but Mr. P likes deep dish.

    ReplyDelete