Thursday, April 28, 2011

Tiramisu Cupcakes....the Results are In!


And they are......very sweet.

I don't have much of a sweet tooth.  Gummy sour candies or dark chocolate, those are the only things that really float my boat. 

These have a good flavor, I'm hoping they get better with time.  Does anyone have a good yellow cake recipe?  I am finding it nearly impossible to create a moist result. 

I also had very unrealistic expectations when it came to this...



I've seen Ina use these with great success.  In reality, my hands still got sticky and nothing turned out beautifully, but my life isn't TV.  Maybe it'll just take some practice. 

In any case, I took some pictures so I might as well share them.  By the way, one last question:  how do you take action shots of food - or capture yourself actually doing something?  Every time I tried to take an action picture or a picture of myself pouring, adding, whipping, etc (with my left hand), my camera wouldn't take the picture.  And, my assistant was "too busy working" (I'm referring to Rob, who really was at work - the nerve).  

the batter - lots of butter, four eggs and milk - still don't know why it's dry-tasting




the star of the filling - yum


the filling contains powdered sugar, coffee granules and mascarpone

decadent and delicious - the best part of the cupcake

here are the baked cupcakes

coffee buttercream: powdered sugar, butter, milk, coffee granules

removing the middles
the filling has been added




the finished product


As you can see,  I am not a baker.   I do not have a talent for beautiful things - and, apparently, no talent for making a yellow cake.  I'll let you know if these get better with time.  Here is the recipe, if you're interested.  I don't think I recommend them - just being honest. 

2 comments:

  1. I have such a difficult time comprehending this statement: "I don't have much of a sweet tooth." How is it possible? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont have much of a sweet tooth either Kirsten not that you'd know it by the way Ive hammered the Easter Chocolate this week.

    ReplyDelete