Thursday, November 4, 2010

I'm Loving It

Remember how I was dreading school and sad to be missing my Emma?  Well, I still miss having my little girl around, but this school thing is working out pretty well.  I was talking to my mom's friend the other day and I remarked, "I feel like the world is my oyster - between the hours of 8:30 and 3:00". 

I'm not sure if I'm being terribly productive, but it's nice to be able to do my work during the day so I don't have to take time from the kids to accomplish the mundane jobs of mothers.  I will admit, though, I have become an expert at wasting time.  Maybe I'll just give myself one year to not accomplish much.

In a week's time, Rob and I enjoyed a walk to Starbucks and a coffee date and then a few days later a nice trail run through a local park.  After twelve years of staying home with kids, I'm kind of reveling in my new found freedom. 



I have taken a part-time job where I can work from home about 8-10 hours a week.  It's basically data entry for a small business in our area.  I also have a few cooking jobs I'm looking forward to over the holiday season and I absolutely love having the time to blog. 

I still pray with our Moms in Touch group for our school district.  I've joined a bible study, which meets once a week.  The ladies I study with are a blessing and it's a great time of grounding for me.  I was obsessively protective of my kids home time when they were little and though I tried to join other groups, I found it was better for me to wait until I didn't have to drag them with me.  I remember when they were little and it would be so stressful for me to haul Josh to preschool and then race with the two girls (who were babies) to a bible study.  I'd always be late and then I'd have to plan to leave early to pick up Josh from school.  It was not a good thing. 

I'm able to be more consistent with my exercising, which is very enjoyable for me.

I don't know how long this "life of leisure" will last, but I'm enjoying it so much.  I'm perfectly willing and able to work more outside the home if need be, but I think my husband wants me to be happy.  I'm not the type of person who can handle being busy all the time.  I'm basically a homebody and my moods can either create tension in our home or allow us to be relaxed and happy. 

Thank you, everyone, for all of your words of encouragement as I transition into new and different roles.  I'm going to enjoy this time for what it is, before everything changes again! 

2 comments:

  1. You read my mind! I was wondering only yesterday how you were doing with the changes since the new school year started.

    Seems like lots has changed. How lovely to be able to have some time for your own dreams again now between 8.30 and 3.00pm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very nice being able to have your own time, sometimes I am a total time waster other days I surprise myself with how much I achieve.

    ReplyDelete