Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Isn't it Ironic?

So, remember how I told you Rob and Josh were hunting last weekend?  They were willing to sit in a tree stand for three hours on Friday night and twelve hours on Saturday just to get a deer (it's archery season here in Pennsylvania). 

Meanwhile, one and a half hours east of Rob and Josh, my parents were enjoying a leisurely Friday evening watching TV.  They happened to see a pair of eyes and large ears peering in at them.  My dad went to the door, and this is what he saw.


sorry for the quality of the picture, but I thought you'd get the idea

When my dad opened the door, this deer tried to come in.  Seriously.  We made the obvious assumption that this girl was someone's pet - since she couldn't have tied the handkerchief around her own neck.  My parents live near a good bit of forest-like area, but this has never happened before. 

The neighbors came over to pose for pictures and pet the deer.

she's kinda cute, don't you think?


Don't you think it's a little ironic and Rob and Josh were willing to brave cold and boredom [while sitting in a tree] just to see one of these - when all this poor deer wanted to do was come in and watch TV?  

4 comments:

  1. I've never heard of pet deer. Interesting. Good thing your parents didn't miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, weird, huh?
    She ran away - hopefully she got home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suspect that whoever "owns" her put the scarf round her neck to signify she was a pet not wild.

    That's an amazing coincidence. Spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's something i don't have in my backyard, how cute.

    ReplyDelete